Author Topic: How is the Metal scene in and around Charlotte  (Read 11869 times)

nsdcorps

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nsd2
How is the Metal scene in and around Charlotte
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2010, 02:39:49 PM »
have you heard John Arch on Twist of Fate w/ Portney, and other fates warning dudes.

cool stuff. and John still has it too.

nsdcorps

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nsd2
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2010, 03:40:48 PM »
Cool shit them audition songs there.... would love to have heard John Arch singing metropolis

No Funeral

• Drink The Chicken\'s Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2010, 07:09:27 AM »
Twist of Fate is TITS!!!  I\'m still hoping for more.  Those of who who havent heard it should.  It is beloved.
No Funeral = No Shame

CHarris

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2010, 03:54:00 PM »
Established 1983

TheSilentOne

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2015, 07:53:03 PM »
Quote from: Chargrilled Dave;103716
I had originally written some long winded manifesto about why the metal scene here has pretty much died over the past few years, but, I think it will suffice to say that there currently is little to no metal scene in the Charlotte area, outside of what the previous post mentioned, and unfortunately, for straight up metal bands, most of what passes for entertainment around here involves kids wearing their girlfriend\\\'s jeans with their hair in their eyes standing around sulking and punching the air while their friend\\\'s band plays breakdown after breakdown after breakdown on the stage.  My band has actually been booed and someone yelled \\"go back to Charlotte, faggots\\", at the New Brookland Tavern in Columbia, SC, because none of our songs had any breakdowns in it, and since we played solos, we were uncool, I guess.  ALthough that doesn\\\'t reflect as a whole on the club itself, I have seen that same mentality prevail all too often in this area as a whole.  Think about it in context, though.  NC was one of, if not the, last state on the Eastern seaboard to vote in the lottery, so what would one really expect?  I love NC, was born and raised in Charlotte, and have attended innumerable shows of all types in this city, but, it\\\'s depressing to see how bad the metal scene has deteriorated over the past five years or so.  I guess it\\\'s due to a lot of reasons, the economy, the promoters ripping bands off, etc., etc.,... I don\\\'t know, it could change one day soon, but, it doesn\\\'t show any signs of that.  Good luck when you get down here, and try posting some ads on Craigslist to find some other like minded musicians.  They\\\'re out there, and hey, after all, at least you\\\'ll have access to some of the finest barbecue anywhere in the world.  And Sun Drop.  Fucking Sun Drop...mmmm.  So much for not writing a long winded manifesto, huh?

Tell me more or message directly I would more information on the Charlotte metal scene including information about promoters venues label etc